Friday, September 7, 2012

Hello my name is Orlando McCoy James the Second. Just a heads up this will be random and all over the place so i apologize ahead of time. I am nineteen years old this is second year attending Richard Bland, i plan on leaving Richard Bland with a Associates in Science and attending VCU or Virginia Tech. My career goal is to become a mechanical engineer, because i was promised a job in Boars Head's engineering department if i majored in mechanical engineering. In all honesty my major and career choice has changed more times then i could remember and it feels good to finally know where i am headed or at least have a plan B. Time to skip the whole work thing and go right into school related talk. I have always hated English it is and always was my worst subject in school. Through high school and middle school my parents and teachers noticed i had excelled in science and math related subjects, and lets just say i did not like history or English throughout  middle and high school. So far in Mr. Sweeney's class i have had lots of fun and from what i can tell i wont hate English as much as before. I really enjoy the way Mr. Sweeney teaches his class with unethical and out of the box methods it has kept me on my toes and helped me so far get over my dislike for English. Like in the last two classes we had to decide on what three essays we should do, and in what order we should do them in. Sadly it could not just be a regular vote and get on with it the entire class had to agree on everything one hundred percent, which made it extremely difficult for everyone. That exercise ended up teaching us what techniques we should use in our argumentative papers, to be honest that was one of the coolest learning techniques i have ever seen in English it kind of made me excited to see what was next. I guess since i have passed my limit of three hundred words i feel like i can stop, and for the two girls who sit behind me or anybody who made it through this whole thing definitely leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. I read all the way and I gotta say, I was suprised you meantioned me and krista in you blog. Made me smile haha. But I'm with you I was never good in English, but was good in science and math. But like you said I think Mr. Sweeny's class is gonna help get over my English dislike

    ReplyDelete
  2. good blog! my favorite subject is english haha i hate math.

    ReplyDelete